About Me

My photo
A constantly curious and melancholic wanderer...

Friday, January 11, 2013

The whistling wanderer


You hear her before you see her
You listen before you look
She whistles tunes, old and new
Around every corner and nook

She seems so content
She shines so very bright
What is her secret,
What gives her this light?

Old whistling lady
Tell me what to do
Because one day when I’m grey
I want to whistle just like you

*Based on a true story


Other whistlers, don't they look happy?

2 comments:

  1. My daughter has taken to whistling now that she is an adult. She is a musician and singer and last time I saw her perform she actually had a part of a song where she whistled. It was funny to hear it but also sounded quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love whistling, even though I really suck at it :) I'm sure your daughter sounded amazing. This old lady stays in the old age home where I work. She whistles all the time and is the happiest person I have ever met. One of the reasons I love my job so much :)

    ReplyDelete