So here goes...
- I am thankful that I know and serve the living God and that I can experience his presence every day of my life.
- I am thankful for a husband that loves me just the way I am - even though sometimes I try to change him.
- I am thankful for family that supports me even though we are miles apart and that I have special relationships (even though there are some ups and downs from time to time) with all of them.
- I am thankful for all my special friends - each one of them accentuating a different aspect of my personality.
- I am thankful for nature and the peace that it brings to my heart.
- I am thankful for all my senses that are in tact and that I can take all of the beauty and craziness and melancholic wonder of life in.
- I am thankful for the small things in life that makes me happy:
- waking up next to my favourite person in the world every morning
- that delicious smell and taste of my first (and mostly only) cup of coffee of the day
- the old man that I see every day when I am driving home, standing next to his red taxi, watching life pass him by, giving me a small smile. Even though we have never met, I feel strangely comforted every time I see him.
- the little cardinals that watch me when I am sitting on our porch writing or reading or just contemplating life.
- the way that the entire sky is painted with amazing, indescribable colours every afternoon when the sun sets over the ocean.
- a text from a friend or family member saying they are thinking of me.
- a glass of red wine on the rocks in front of our home, sitting quietly with just the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks.
I am thankful for so many things and my heart swells when I think of everything that I am privileged enough to experience and for all the people that I get to experience it with. Let's be thankful more often.