About Me

My photo
A constantly curious and melancholic wanderer...

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving...

As November is generally seen as a month of giving thanks, I have decided to make some time to just become aware of the many things in my life that I can be thankful for.  I think if we made a list of things we can be grateful for every morning, our days will be filled with much more positive energy.

So here goes...

  • I am thankful that I know and serve the living God and that I can experience his presence every day of my life. 
  • I am thankful for a husband that loves me just the way I am - even though sometimes I try to change him.  
  • I am thankful for family that supports me even though we are miles apart and that I have special relationships (even though there are some ups and downs from time to time) with all of them. 
  • I am thankful for all my special friends - each one of them accentuating a different aspect of my personality.
  • I am thankful for nature and the peace that it brings to my heart.  
  • I am thankful for all my senses that are in tact and that I can take all of the beauty and craziness and melancholic wonder of life in.
  • I am thankful for the small things in life that makes me happy: 
    • waking up next to my favourite person in the world every morning
    • that delicious smell and taste of my first (and mostly only) cup of coffee of the day 
    • the old man that I see every day when I am driving home, standing next to his red taxi, watching life pass him by, giving me a small smile.  Even though we have never met, I feel strangely comforted every time I see him.
    • the little cardinals that watch me when I am sitting on our porch writing or reading or just contemplating life.  
    • the way that the entire sky is painted with amazing, indescribable colours every afternoon when the sun sets over the ocean. 
    • a text from a friend or family member saying they are thinking of me. 
    • a glass of red wine on the rocks in front of our home, sitting quietly with just the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks. 

I am thankful for so many things and my heart swells when I think of everything that I am privileged enough to experience and for all the people that I get to experience it with.   Let's be thankful more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment