About Me

My photo
A constantly curious and melancholic wanderer...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mauritian Jakarandas

Since living in Mauritius where everything is strange and different from what we are used to, my husband and I have decided to look for things that remind us of things at home and then just call it by the same name we have for it in SA, but add the "Mauritian"  in front...

So here follows some picture of what I believe to be Mauritian Jakarandas.  They are a different colour I admit and they are not quite as glorious as the purple heaven we experience every year from October in Pretoria and Johannesburg, but these red blotches of beauty has given me a lot of joy and comfort over these past few weeks...




























One day I will find out what their real name is and let you know, until then, I hope you enjoy these Mauritian Jakarandas as much as I do...



No comments:

Post a Comment