- His name is John Robert Lee
- He is one of the two John Robert Lee's (not related at all) in our frail care centre
- He used to try and kiss me or slap my bum every day, but now it is only once a week
- He has an amazing sense of humour
- He is very clever and has a good general sense of knowledge
- He loves music of all kinds
- He is a little forgetful at times
- He is a little bit inapropriate at times
- He makes me laugh everyday and gives me endless writing material
This is a few funny incidents from the past week:
We started to make some Christmas Cards for family members on Monday afternoon.
John: Why are we making Christmas cards?
OT: Because it’s almost Christmas.
John: No, Christmas is still long gone.
OT: Look at the board John, today is the 28th of November. Christmas is still coming.
John: Hmmppfff…So is a goose.
OT: What do you mean John?
John Well, if Christmas is coming, so is a goose. We just need to feed it fat before Christmas Day.
We've been walking all around my workplace setting up Christmas Trees and John and his girlfriend was helping me out. After a few minutes John started feeling tired. (This normally goes along with some very heavy and loud breathing.)
OT: Come on John we are almost there.
John I need to sit down. Where’s the horse?
OT: Why do you want a horse John?
John: Because I want to sit on it.
OT: Why would you want to sit on a horse?
John: Well, it’s better to sit on a horse than to sit on nothing , isn’t it?
We were busy putting up the Christmas tree in one of the wards this afternoon, but it was very skew and we needed some rocks to keep it steady. I asked John to try and hold the tree straight untill I come back with some rocks. He agreed, but as I started walking away, I heard the following conversation:
John: "Will you please hold this tree up straight?'
Mrs J: "Off course I will"
John: "I just want to help that young lady to fetch some rocks outside."
Mrs J: " I will keep the tree straight untill you come back"
John starts walking towards me.
John: "I am coming to help you young lady"
OT: "Thanks John, that will be lovely"
John take one last look over his shoulder back at the Christmas Tree. Startled he says:
John: "Did you see that lady is using that tree to support herself? I dont think that is a good idea"
This is the man of the moment :)