- There is a sign in the kitchen saying "Welcome to the Nuthouse"
- I wake up with cows mooing and a rooster telling me it is way too early to be awake
- Everyone talks at the same time, all the time
- There is very bad cellphone reception
- I see photos of our childhood where we all wore exactly the same clothes (called The Christmas Collection)
- My grandfather and grandmother comes to visit every night at exactly the same time and sits silently and amazed by all the activity going on around them
- We eat non-stop (3 big meals and millions of snacks in between)
- I see my "Thinking Spot" from my childhood (two trees that used to be small and have a space to sit in between to think, but now have grown up(just like me) and has no more space in between for me to sit and think
- I walk out the door and can look into the future (it really feels like that when I can stare into endless fields stretching out forever in front of me)
- Geese try to attack me at least once a day
- We make the same jokes as 10 years before with each other and still laugh as if it is the first time we've ever made that joke
- I can smell pig poo when I poke my nose out the door
- We fight and tease and talk a lot of nonsense, but we all know we love each other more than life itself
- We have quiet time with the Lord every evening (when you are younger and it is in your favorite TV program's time, this does not make you happy, but now I realise that this is one of the most special memories of my childhood and something I miss so much when I am not here)
- There is 8 dogs (1 that can smile) and 45 cats (this number drops whenever a dog gets hold of one off them) and 1 horse (we used to have a Spanish donkey, but she sadly passed away)
- I feel completely peaceful and at Home...
Saturday, April 30, 2011
I know I am on my farm when...
Posted by Lienkie