About Me

My photo
A constantly curious and melancholic wanderer...

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Back in the saddle again...

I have been out of touch with reality (and technology) for the past few months.  First of all we've had non-stop guests for about a month (which was lovely) and then I went to SA for more than a month (also really lovely).  But now I am back in sunny (although slightly chillier at the moment) Mauritius and ready to continue with my never-ending-to-do-list that I started with a while ago.

Things that I have been doing in these past few months that weren't specifically part of any list.
  • Finishing the business plan for our company Living Change.  I had to google "How to write your own business plan", but I think I did all right in the end.  Now, we just have to wait and hear what the Board of Investment says. 
  • I was a tour guide for almost a month and "housestess"* which I really enjoy.  Since being in Mauritius I have discovered a gift for hospitality that I never really knew I had. 
  • As part of being a tour guide for my guests I also explored some exciting new things in Mauritius.  I did zip lining for the first time in my life and it was pretty amazing. I also touched a cheetah for the first time ever.  (I must admit it is a little strange that I had to come all the way to Mauritius to do that, since I live in a country known for it's amazing wildlife, but it was such a cool experience). 
  • I wrote an article for an OT magazine.  This is not exactly creative writing, which I really hope to do more of, but at least it's something.
  • I played photographer for our best friends and their beautiful baby (which I will post as the next blog).
  • I presented training on Person Centred Care in SA with a wonderful company called Geratec.  It was quiet stressful but also such an amazing experience and privilege to present with one of the best speakers on aged care in the world according to me and one of my role models. 
  • I finished the Millennium Trilogy - you know the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and I can't remember when last I enjoyed reading so much.  It is wonderfully written and intriguing up to the end.
  • I travelled all over South Africa including the Cape, the Freestate and Gauteng and spend lots of quality time with family and friends. I miss most of them already!
  • I missed my husband every single day that I was gone and realized that life is just not the same without him. The sky is definitely a weirder blue, flowers don't smell the same and chocolate tastes less like chocolate.  You catch my drift :)
Some photos of my Mauritius adventures...








So, back to The List...

Since we got a new laptop recently and I had to transfer all my documents from the old laptop to an external hard drive, I decided it will be a good idea to start with number 100 and something on The List:  "sorting-out-all-my-random-junk-on-the-computer". I desperately need to delete, reorganize, refile and alphabetize (yes I have issues) all my documents, music and photos.  This will take a few weeks, possibly more than a month.  But it will be a huge relief when I am finally done.  Since I am then already working with photos, I will add "putting-some-photos-of-family-and-friends-on-our-digital-frame" to the task and maybe burning a cd or two for the car and a few close friends. 

So let me get organized...



No comments:

Post a Comment