About Me

My photo
A constantly curious and melancholic wanderer...

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Moments like these...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

                                                                                                     Tale of Two Cities
                                                                                                     Charles Dickens

I love this first passage of this book by Charles Dickens.  And what a wonderful description another year that passed.  There were so many changes in my life.  Some good and some bad, some scary and also many wonderful ones.  There was definitely some darkness and despair, but so much Light and Hope. And isn't Hope what makes every new year special and people think that maybe this year will be different from the previous year, and that maybe just maybe -  this will be the best year of their lives...

I hated some moments in 2013, but I also loved so many moments.  I realized again just how much I love nature and how good it is for my soul to be surrounded by it.  But I also realized that I really loved my life in a city without knowing it at the time and this made me realize that I need to appreciate moments more.  We live in a moment, one moment at a time and each moment we live, we can never relive again...

In 2014, I want to appreciate moments more... The best ones, the worst ones, the wise ones, the foolish ones, the believable ones and the unbelievable ones, the ones filled with darkness, because they make us appreciate the ones with Light so much more, the moments which make us feel despair and then those magical moments, sometimes so small, but mostly if you look closely - all around us  - moments of Hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment